Friday 15 February 2013

You look like sh*t, is that the style now?

I had the shock of my life this morning when I looked into the bathroom mirror, I mean really looked in the mirror and I didn't recognise the person looking back.

It was probably the first time since my Little Fellow arrived 21 weeks ago that I had a good look at myself.

I was extremely sick during my pregnancy and towards the end I was hardly able to walk. I wasn't able to bend down to put on my shoes and I couldn't have cared less about how I looked. Gone were the days when I would not leave the house without heels and mascara.

Baby Brain has definitely been to town, I've got bags under my eyes that are so big they could hold the contents of the house, I have a huge spot on my cheek, a dry patch of skin on my face, my hair is standing on me and I have formed an unhealthy attachment to leggings and baggy t-shirts  - I look like a bloody mess and that is definitely not the style now!!

 

Trouble is, that since my Little Fellow arrived I have been devoting all my time and energy on him as well as running after my other 2 children and making sure that things in the house run smoothly and I have forgotten about me.

So, reality check and time to say hello to me again - hair appointment made for tomorrow morning, make - up is on as we speak (well, tinted moisturiser and mascara at least), I have ditched the leggings and replaced with jeans and top that I bought last year when I was pregnant - labels just removed this morning and I'm going to book myself a facial for next week.

Being a mother is fabulous and I wouldn't change it but on the other hand I must try harder to look after me too - starting from today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment