Tuesday 16 April 2013

Tuesday's Kitchen - Succulent Lamb Burgers


This week we are trying something different for dinner.

I fancied making burgers from minced pork because I saw it being done on TV last week but couldn't find any minced pork in the shop. Being too lazy to go to the butcher in the town centre I opted for minced lamb instead. I'd never used minced lamb for anything before.

These do not disappoint and the children absolutely loved them. 

They are sure to get your taste buds jumping and definitely give the beef burger a run for their money.

It's great getting the children involved in preparing the dinner from scratch get their hands messed up a bit, it teaches them to eat well and have a healthy attitude to food.

My daughter was once a very fussy eater and I am glad to say is fast becoming a lover of all foods and trying new things all the time. I think this is because she is learning to cook herself at school and she seems to have a flair for it.

Our Inbetweener is a joy and eats anything, his favourites are Indian food and duck.

So, a very quick and simple dinner, I served these with potatoes that were par boiled and baked off in the oven with olive oil and chilli powder to taste.

Ingredients

500g Minced Lamb
1 Clove Garlic finely chopped
1 Small Onion finely chopped
1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
Breadcrumbs (2 slices)
1 Egg Beaten

Method

Simply place all your ingredients in a bowl and mix everything together.

Form into thick patties and grill for about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. (This will really depend on how thick you make them).

I love cheese and tomatoes with relish on all burgers but you can top with whatever you fancy!


Tuesdays Kitchen April 2013



I've linked this post to Townsend House, please pop over and check out the site from here for some more mouth watering recipes.







4 comments:

  1. I have never really tried lamb. My husband and brother both love it. I might have to try it, and this recipe looks like a great place to start! Would love to have you share this at what i am eating http://www.townsend-house.com/2013/04/what-i-am-eating-comfort-food.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather I will definitely share it for you. I never really tried lamb like this either but my children loved them and have asked me to do them again so they must be alright:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummo. we eat lamb alot. This is such a simple looking recipe and yet so tasty :) returning the love and visiting from Townsend House link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, yeah these are really tasty, we don't normally eat much lamb but will definitely be trying it more often now.

    ReplyDelete