As you know last week our Inbetweener turned eight years old( Birthday Celebrations).
I was busy all day last Tuesday baking and cooking for our little get together and one of the things I made was cupcakes.
So many people are making cupcakes these days and they really are so easy, that being said I'm not the best baker but I try my best.
Here is my recipe and I also used the same mixture to make up the birthday cake.
This recipe will make 12 cupcakes and they went down a storm.
150g Caster Sugar
150g Self Raising Flour
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
2/3 Tablespoons of Milk
For the Buttercream Icing:
125g Icing Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas4 and line a standard muffin tin with your paper cases.
2. Beat the butter, sugar, flour, milk and eggs together. I used an electric mixer but you can also use a wooden spoon like I normally do, just make sure your butter and eggs are at room temperature.
3. Beat the mixture until smooth and pale, then divide between the paper cases.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 mins, or until golden and remove to a wire tray to cool.
5. At this stage you can make up the buttercream icing, place all the ingredients together and mix with either a wooden spoon or electric mixer.
6. Once the cupcakes are cooled you can ice them, I used a palette knife to save on time but you can pipe it on for a cleaner finish.
7. Decorate as you wish, we used coloured candy discs chosen by the birthday boy himself.